JOB TITLE: Maintenance Engineering Manager
LOCATION: Richland Center, Wisconsin
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
This position is responsible for overseeing installation, repairs and upkeep of the company's property including mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems, structures, buildings and production machinery and maintenance administration/budgeting, ensuring optimal proactive maintenance support and processes for the entire plant production while working to improve plant efficiency, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Prioritizing and scheduling repairs and installations to equipment and facilities, while minimizing interference with production.
- Coordinating outside service calls by sub-contractors.
- Coordinating installation of new equipment and the completion of building projects.
- Ensuring up-to-date parts inventory system for all critical machine parts, including ordering parts as necessary for inventory and special projects.
- Maintaining machine operating standards, including reviewing and documenting of downtime trends against standard.
- Administering the maintenance work order system, including prioritizing and assigning work orders, and monitoring their timely completion.
- Managing the plant preventive maintenance plan, ensuring the least interference with production operations and ensuring the completion and maintenance of all records regarding P.M. and work orders completed.
- Managing OSHA programs, with an emphasis on lockout/tag out and electrical safety.
- Managing training needs for maintenance staff, including coordinating training with outside vendors and other educational seminars as necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory environmental programs for testing and disposal requirements, such as waste oil disposal, PSM and RMP.
- Developing and adhering to maintenance budget.
- Assisting in process troubleshooting as needed, including being a technical resource as needed.
- Assisting in developing and implementing of capital projects and related budgets.
- Proactively managing all infrastructures including developing long-term plan for maintenance and upgrades as needed.
- Identifying and presenting capital improvement projects to support plant infrastructure needs and improvements.
- Identifying and maintaining a pipeline of capital projects for continuous improvement and strategic planning.
- Preparing, submitting and updating capital requests in capital planning software - MyProjects.
- Regular and punctual attendance and physical presence in the workplace.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Occasional travel for work, up to 33% of the time.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Computer Skills - Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret technical documents. Ability to understand application research related terminology and government regulations. Ability to effectively speak and present to employees, vendors and customers concerning technical issues.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to perform calculations, and provide advice relating to the application of mathematics and chemistry to food processing. Ability to apply concepts of statistics.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Skills & Abilities - This position Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines. The ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintaining a valid driver's license. It is preferred that this position has: Cheesemaker's License, Cheese Grader's license, Buttermaker's license, Weigher's and Sampler's license, pasteurizer operator's certification, and wastewater treatment plant operator certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands - Employee is continuously (more than 67 to 100%% of time) required to: use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is occasionally (up to 33% of the time) required to walk and stand. The employee must frequently (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment - While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts; and is exposed to extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold.
- Protective Equipment - This position may need personal protective equipment that is appropriate for the job being performed, such as hearing protection, food safety clothing and other.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
This position requires an Associate Degree in building trades, mechanical, electrical or field of study, or some college coursework and three to five years of job-related experience. A Bachelor Degree in a field of study, knowledge related to the job and three to five years of job-related experience is preferred.
This position directly supervises multiple hourly maintenance personnel. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing/scheduling work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
It is the policy of Foremost Farms USA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Because you and your family matter, Foremost Farms offers some of the best benefits in the area! Our comprehensive medical plan includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. You can choose to enroll in a single or family plan with low monthly premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/$500). Other benefits include:
- 401(k) with a generous company contribution (100% match on up to 8% deferral)
- Paid time off, starting at 200 hours (25 days)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave (6 weeks paid at 100%)
- Flexible spending accounts - for medical and dependent care (childcare) expenses
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral program
- Advancement opportunities!
Foremost Farms USA, headquartered in Baraboo, Wis., is a world-class supplier of cheese, dairy products, and ingredients to national and international markets. As a dairy cooperative, we are owned by the 1,100 dairy farmers who supply our high-quality milk. Our flexible, diverse plant network allows us to manufacture products and ingredients that are most in-demand - and provide a strong, secure market for our member-owners' milk.
We're looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence. Because we're working to be the world's best - to Be Foremost - we'll bring out the best in you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of pre-employment testing is required, which could include a drug test, physical, audiogram, background check, education check and credit check.