Builds and leads cross-functional teams to plan and execute multiple and/or complex new battery system product development programs. Must be familiar with both hardware and software development. Must have the ability to effectively manage all internal and external communications related to program progress. A strong background in product design and manufacturing processes is critical for success.
- Forms and leads cross-functional product development teams to complete multiple and/or complex new product offerings, product changes, and cost reduction programs
- Leads new product development processes and ensures teams follow the best practices, systems and processes.
- Develops and manages capital and expense budgets
- Develops and monitors project schedules and ensures projects meet deadlines
- Communicates with internal and external customers regarding program progress
- Ensures project targets and goals are clearly defined and delivered on time and on budget
- Leads multiple technical team members through trade-off studies to find best solutions to project requirements
- Highlights areas needing resolution and drives solutions
Job Skills Requirements
- Understanding of financial principles
- Ability to prepare and present complex technical information
- Working understanding financial principle including Economic Value Add and Return On Investment concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and negotiate effectively with diverse groups of people
- Ability to form, work with and lead a team of diverse individuals in a variety of fields
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of five years of related experience
Physical & Environmental Requirements
May require travel of a planned or urgent nature, both international and domestic
Briggs & Stratton, LLC, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper Pro Ferris, PowerBoss, Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.