Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours37.5
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Driver position in Stamford, CT. The shift for this position will be 9 AM - 5:30 PM, working Monday - Friday. The starting pay for this position will be around $11.50 per hour and will vary based on experience. Candidates who successfully complete their first 90 days of employment will also be given an additional $1.00 increase to their hourly rate.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including -Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
Drivers are a crucial piece to the operations of the company's mailroom. Responsible for processing the mail and parcels continuously throughout the day and delivery and pick-up of mail onsite using a company van.
A Driver's daily tasks will involve:
- Perform all scheduled and unscheduled pickups and deliveries utilizing company van within approximately a 1 mile radius.
- Adhere to all applicable Federal, State, Local and Company safety and traffic regulations/policies.
- Load, unload van or box truck as required; make deliveries to receiving docks or inside deliveries if necessary.
- Maintain all applicable logs, delivery tickets, documentation, etc.
- Maintain vehicle in good mechanical condition; notify manager if deficiencies are identified.
- Establish excellent working relationships at all delivery and pickup points.
- Prepare materials/outgoing mail/packages for mailing including: applying postage, preparing items for shipment or collection, distributing items as needed, ensuring items are properly labeled and documenting data according to management guidelines.
- Ensure that all mail and packages are properly labeled for mailing, with correct postage utilizing automatic postage meter machines.
- Verify and correct mail using available tools.
- Sort and process inbound intercompany mail
- Receive, scan and input inbound accountable boxes and packages including certified, registered, return receipt, Federal Express and UPS for delivery to customers
- Sort, deliver and pick-up mail and packages according to established time frames and service standards utilizing a mail pushcart within building.
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation as required.
- Perform start-up and operations of postage equipment.
- Assist with loading and unloading of deliveries as needed.
- Maintain shipping and receiving area as required.
- Cross-train in all service areas and perform other duties as assigned.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- Must be minimum of 18 years in age
- High school Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required
- Must have 6 months customer service experience.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience driving similar sized vehicles
- Must have valid driver's license and clean DMV record.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time with or without accommodations.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 55lbs or maximum allowed by current state law with or without accommodations.
Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and company personnel.
- Previous experience in a mailroom operation, shipping, and/or receiving preferred
- Experience operating online shipping services such as UPS Online, or FedEx Powership preferred
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.